Must be at least 23 years of age.
Applicant/Driver must have a minimum of two years over-the-road driving experience. (Driving experience must be within the past 5 years, in a vehicle similar to that of use by Custom Commodities Transport)
Must have tanker endorsements.
- DRIVING RECORD
No person will be employed with Custom Commodities Transport with the following violations on their MVRs:
- Any revocation or suspension of a driver’s license for DWI.
- Any revocation or suspension of a driver’s license for operating a vehicle under the influence of a controlled drug.
- Leaving the scene of an accident which resulted in personal injury or death in the past 5 years.
- The commission of a felony which involved a motor vehicle.
- More than 2 moving violation convictions and more than 1 preventable, DOT recordable loss in past 12 months. More than 4 moving violation convictions; more than 2 preventable, DOT recordable losses; and in combination more than 2 moving violation convictions and 2 preventable, DOT recordable losses in past 36 months.
- Any suspension of license or permit to drive a motor vehicle which has not been re-instated by the state authority that suspended such license.
- Any individual whose MVR indicates a tendency of disregard or indifference toward his own or public safety… or one which demonstrates his unfitness in the public interest to be a driver of a motor vehicle in interstate commerce.
DRIVERS’ PAY SCALE AND BENEFITS
Earn up to $.60 per mile. Mileage increases after 6-12 months of continuous employment. Drivers are compensated when taking a 34 hour break on the road.
All drivers are required to fill out the appropriate paperwork to receive detention and layover pay.
Are eligible to come back after six weeks.
After 12 months of full time employment, drivers are entitled to one week paid vacation. After 3 years of full time employment driver will be eligible for two weeks paid vacation. Vacation pay is figured on a previous 52 weeks earnings average.
Drivers average being home a couple days a week, but at the same time there are instances where a driver might be out at least two weeks. For those drivers that like to stay out for longer than two weeks we can accommodate you as well. Custom Commodities Transport has a mixture of local, regional and national (48 states & Canada) hauls.
The company has the following insurance programs available for our employees:
- MAJOR MEDICAL/HOSPITALIZATION
- INDIVIDUAL LIFE
After three continuous months of employment, the driver is eligible to enroll in the various insurance programs.